Sunday, May 13, 2007

We made it to Changsha!


We got our wake-up call at 5:00 a.m. and we headed out at 5:30. The flight to Changsha was about 4 hours, and I thought I was feeling better until they brought out the breakfast! I grabbed the air sickness bag just in case. I think I still have a bit of a bug, but I also think some of it is just nerves! I remember when I was young I seemed to get sick at every major holiday just because of the excitement. Multiply the awe and wonder of a child at Christmas by 100 and that's about what I'm feeling right now!

Jason, on the other hand, is cool as a cucumber, just as I would expect. He's taken care of all the paperwork and money since we've been here and that has been a great blessing, especially in light of being under the weather. When they wheeled in the crib today I had to break out the video camera to capture the moment. In any other other situation it would be so completely mundane, but for some reason I just want to soak up every moment (even if we have to yawn through the video some day!).

Today we had a free day so we took about a 15 minute walk to a store that is similar to Wal-Mart. WOW! What an experience! The most interesting thing was the live seafood--which you scoop up with a net and put it on the floor for someone to clean it for you. I thought you may enjoy seeing the eels :)
We had a delicious dinner tonight with more food than you can imagine for $6 per person! The Hunan Province is known for its spicy food, and now I know why! Our guide asked them to make it less spicy and even HE thought it was too hot! Very tasty though. Well, off to bed and then in 13 short hours we will be on the bus to Civil Affairs where we meet our baby girl! I'll post more tomorrow night!


P.S. We can't read the blog from China so that means we can't read your comments (or check to see if the pictures and video are working!) but please don't let that stop you. We will look forward to reading them when we return home. :)

P.S.S. Happy Mother's Day to our Moms!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so close yet so far away. I hope you are feeling much better by now Krysta...I can hardly wait to hear the good news. Now isn't that just like a grandparent? Love you guys and God Bless!

To any of you reading this, if you are able to see the second picture would you be so kind as to send me an e-mail and let me know what I need to do...it is just a black square on my monitor? Thanks...tucsonvicki@cox.net..Vicki (Krysta's mom)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason and Krysta, I'm over at Steph's computor because I's having a hard time getting your blog to come up on my dial up. I want to wish you a happy mothers day. I got your card and thank you very much, Sorry to hear your sick Krysta Hope your feeling better. We had Grandpa's 70th birthday party yesterday and sure missed you guys. Everyone is real anxious to meet Jia, and wishes you guys the best. Can't wait to hear all the exciting things your doing.
Love you guys and wish we were there.Love Mom.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys-
I've checked your blog about 1,000 times today. Yes, I know you are probably sleeping (as it is the middle of the night in China)but I'm wanting to hear from you!!! :)
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Good to see you made it! I am on pins and needles knowing you are SO near your baby girl and it's almost time to get her in your arms! Can't wait to see those pictures!!

Love to you and Happy Mother's Day, my friend!

Love, Julie
Still waiting for our TA to bring our Katherine Grace home!